Wednesday, January 31, 2007

28 January - Invercargill 15 degrees Celcius

Dad and I spent a leisurely breakfast at the local cafe and then went for a walk around Invercargill. We played some pool and won two games each. I'm glad to know there is someone out there who is as poor as me at it.

We climbed onto the bus at 2:30 and left a cold and wet Invercargill behind. The other passengers are much older than me, so I'm feeling slightly awkward, although they all seem very friendly and nice. We boarded the Orion in Bluff.







It's pretty much a five star hotel on a boat. Apparently there is something like 100 passengers and 75 crew, including waiters, porters, bar staff, and so on. So this isn't quite as adventurous as I might have hoped. We had a lifeboat drill, orientation and dinner and then I pretty much passed out. The jetlag is still hitting me and I start fading pretty strongly from 5pm on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home